National Creamsicle Day on August 14th celebrates my favorite treat from childhood. “Creamsicle” is the brand name of the treat that consists of vanilla ice cream on a Popsicle stick with an outer coating of sherbert. When we were kids, we always enjoyed a Creamsicle on our hot-hot-hot Midwest summer days.
Nowadays, I try to avoid the toxic dyes, artificial flavors, or added sugars found in those ice cream treats I loved as a child. When I'm craving something cool and refreshing, homemade Vitality™ Drops slushies are the ideal summertime solution! Simple to make and packed full of flavor for a healthier way to satisfy my sweet tooth.
CITRUS CREAMSICLE BERRY SLUSH
To excite your tasted buds and invigorate your day, try this creamy, rejuvenating slushie. Its a healthy take on your favorite childhood flavor!
Ingredients for 1-2 servings:
- ½ cup + 3 tablespoons 100% orange juice
- ½ cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 squeeze Jade Lemon Berry Vitality Drops + Energy
How to make this healthy slushie:
- Pour ½ cup of orange juice into ice cube trays. Freeze for 4–6 hours or until completely frozen.
- Place frozen orange-juice cubes into blender with Greek yogurt, honey, and Vitality Drops. Add 3 tablespoons of orange juice to help the mixture blend more smoothly.
- Blend until the consistency is smooth. Serve and enjoy!
On overcast days, when you're wishing for a ray of sunshine, enjoy this light and invigorating diffuser blend. Even dreary days seem a little brighter with the delicious smell of these oils that remind you of your favorite summertime treat.
- 5 drops Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Stress Away essential oil