Today, June 7th, is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day! I found a delicious orange essential oil infused recipe for Chocolate-Orange ice cream on the Ice Cream Inspiration blog.
Safety: Only use essential oils labeled Vitality Dietary, For Internal Use, or GRAS when ingesting.
Photo Credit: Ice Cream Inspiration
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces bitter-sweet or semi-sweet chocolate broken in pieces (slightly more than a cup of chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp. orange extract or 15 drops Vitality Dietary Orange Oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 1/4 tsp. vegetable oil, melted together
- Candied Orange Peels, optional
- In a blender or food processor, add the sugar and chocolate pieces and pulse to process until the chocolate is very finely chopped.
- In the microwave or on the stove, heat the whole milk until just bubbling around the edges.
- Add the hot milk to the chocolate and sugar in the blender and process until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir in the heavy cream and essential orange oil or orange extract and chill for 30 minutes or longer.
- Add to your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Then transfer to an airtight container in layers, drizzling the melted chocolate over each layer and adding the candied orange peels if desired. Freeze for several hours or overnight.
Learn more about National Chocolate Ice Cream Day at:
Peace, Love & Joy,