According to Advantage Dental, "The legend of the tooth fairy dates to the Middle Ages (500-1500 c.e.) when parents thought it was important to dispose of children’s teeth in a way witches could not possess them. It was believed witches would use lost baby teeth to cast spells on the children. Teeth would be disposed of by burying them or feeding them to rodents."
In the Middle Ages, Vikings believed baby teeth brought good luck. They would offer coins in exchange for a child's lost tooth, then string the teeth onto necklaces to wear into battle.
La Bonne Petite Souris, a French bedtime story from the 17th century, tells of a fairy that could change into a mouse who helped the Queen defeat an evil King. The fairy/mouse would hid under the evil king's pillow, then while he slept, the mouse would nibble on his face and mouth, ultimately knocking out his teeth.
In the mid-1920s the Tooth Fairy appeared in advertisements and health classes. Then in 1927, a three-act playlet for children, titled "The Tooth Fairy", and photographs published by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle of the "verified" Cottingley Fairies, brought the modern day version of the Tooth Fairy to life.
I remember the excitement of getting a quarter under my pillow from the tooth fairy. Oh wait, I guess I'm telling my age. Nowadays the tooth fairy is wayyyyyyy more generous! I've heard kids today get several dollars! Sometimes they'll even get cool toys!
- KidScents® Toothpaste's gentle cleaning ingredients help fight plaque, clean children’s teeth, and remove buildup to support healthy-looking gums—all while remaining fluoride and SLS free. KidScents Toothpaste is a parent’s best friend, using only the most natural of ingredients such as baking soda, organic coconut oil, and premium essential oils. KidScents Toothpaste has a citrus-mint flavor and when used as part of a regular brushing routine, the ingredients not only gently clean teeth and fight plaque but also remove stains for a brighter, more radiant smile!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- KidScents® Toothpaste's contains Grapefruit and Spearmint premium essential oils, which provide a sweet, minty taste that is complemented by xylitol and stevia, two natural sweeteners.
- Fights plaque and gently removes surface stains with brushing.
- Formulated without fluoride, SLS, synthetic dyes, peroxide, gluten-containing ingredients, or artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Contains organic coconut oil to help boost the cleaning action for optimal cleaning.
- Gently cleans teeth with a naturally derived formula that was specially created for children.
- Put a small amount of KidScents® Toothpaste's on a toothbrush.
- Help child brush teeth and rinse thoroughly after each use.
- Supervise children until good brushing and rinsing habits are established.
- Do not swallow.
- Intended for children 2 years and older.
- For children under 2 years, consult a dentist or doctor before use.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
The tooth fairy will be happy and generou$ when she sees your kid's healthy, sparkling white teeth! Have your littles smile pretty, snap a photo, and share your tooth fairy stories on social media using #ToothFairyDay
For more information on National Tooth Fairy Day, visit: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-tooth-fairy-day-august-22/
Peace, Love & Joy,
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.