Meditate. Be quiet.
Shhhhh…. Let there be silence! We live in such a go, go, go kind of world. Everywhere you turn there is noise - our phones, the tv, our computers, our families - it’s all around us.
Take a minute to sit in the quiet and meditate. This allows you to clear your thoughts and enter into a calm state of mind. It can also lower your stress and reduce brain chatter. Here’s how you do it…
- Find a place quiet to sit.
- Set a time limit (5-10 minutes is a good place to start).
- Diffuse an oil like Stress Away, Frankincense, or Valor
- Sit with your feet on the floor or loosely cross-legged, whatever position is stable and is comfortable.
- Feel your breath and follow it as it goes in and out.
- Notice when your mind has wandered and return it to your breath.
- When your time limit is up and you’re ready, gently lift your gaze. Open your eyes; take notice of sounds in the environment. Notice how your body feels in that moment - your thoughts and emotions - recognize them. Go in kindness.
---- / / ----
Have you ever meditated? Did you do anything different that helped you clear your mind?