On July 27th, National New Jersey Day recognizes the third state to join the Union. New Jersey is the home of Thomas Edison, and the state is known as an industrial powerhouse. So why is "The Garden State" its nickname? Well it's because New Jersey supplies the world with cranberries, blueberries, and tomatoes.!
Observe National New Jersey Day by making delicious essential oil infused orange-cranberry muffins or blueberry muffins.
Click HERE for the blueberry muffin recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, organic, cold-pressed
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Grated Orange Rind
- 1 cup dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3-7 drops Orange Vitality Dietary *EO, to taste
*Safety First: Only use essential oils labeled Vitality Dietary, For Internal Use, or GRAS when ingesting.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, prepare muffin tin and liners.
- Measure out dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt baking powder and baking soda.
- Sift together in a mixer or food processor.
- Use coconut oil in solid state. Once measured, add chunks into dry goods.
- Use processor or mixer to combine until even / mealy.
- Next whisk the milk product, egg and zest together until slightly foamy on the top, then add in 15 drops of Orange Vitality Dietary EO.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry mix until moist.
- Chop up whole, dried cranberries in the food processor.
- Fold cranberries lightly into the batter, then pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes.
While muffins bake, mix up this yummy icing!
- Mix orange juice and powdered sugar together.
- Add 3 or more drops of Orange Vitality Dietary essential oil to taste.
- Once the muffins are cooled, drizzle icing on top and enjoy!
NOT ALL ESSENTIAL OILS ARE CREATED EQUAL!
WANT TO FIND OUT WHY WE USE YOUNG LIVING OILS?
To learn more about National New Jersey Day, visit:
Peace, Love & Joy,