August 31st is National Trail Mix Day. Homemade trail mix is our favorite. We like being able to choose our favorite nuts and dried fruits for a nourishing snack on long hikes, road trips, trips to the beach or amusement park, or on any family outing.
I like to add Young Living’s Ningxia Organic Dried Wolfberries. They are a sweet, organic snack from nature that's easy to make part of your healthy diet.*
- 1/3 cup Almonds
- 1/3 cup Cashews
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Young Living’s Ningxia Organic Dried Wolfberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Young Living Yacon Syrup*
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Yield: Makes 6 bars.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, or with a sharp knife, finely chop the nuts, set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet, bring coconut oil, honey, Yacon syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt, to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Lower heat and cook, whisking occasionally until bubbling slows and mixture becomes more syrupy and darkens in color. (About 3-4 minutes.)
- Add chopped nuts, wolfberries, and dried fruit. Mix until well coated and sticky.
- Pour immediately into parchment lined pan and press down firmly with a spatula to smooth top.
- Place in fridge to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Cut into 6 bars and store in an airtight container in fridge.
MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR NINGXIA ORGANIC DRIED WOLFBERRIES
- Add a handful to dried nuts for a healthy snack.
- Add them to your favorite muffin, bread, or pancake recipes.
- Toss wolfberries with leafy greens, shaved or crumbled cheese, and vinaigrette for an exotic, gourmet salad.
- Top your yogurt or smoothie with wolfberries for a wholesome, satisfying breakfast.
- Add them to your Slique® Tea for a sweet, tart twist.